1. How can Adecco help you?
We understand your needs, identify your strengths, and help you increase your employability in order to match you to a job that will provide you with personal and career development.
2. What are the operating hours?
Our business hours are: Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 6.00 pm
3. I’m looking for a job in Singapore. How can I start?
First and foremost, you will need to register yourself as a candidate on the Adecco website:
During the registration process, you will be able to upload your resume. Your registration will ensure that your resume goes into our system and is viewable by all Adecco personnel consultants across Singapore – so you may be considered for any suitable opportunities that we have based on your profile.
After the registration process, you can look through the job postings and apply directly online for any jobs you are interested in:
Our job listings include assignments that are Permanent, Part-Time and Temporary.
4. What happens after I have registered and applied for a job online?
Once we have found a suitable position for you, we will give you a call and brief you about the job opportunity. After which you are agreeable, we will send your CV to the potential employer and arrange for you to attend an interview with them if you are shortlisted.
Please note that to be recommended to an Adecco client for a specific role, you may also need to visit an Adecco Singapore office beforehand to attend an interview with one of our consultants. The interview process could take up to one hour.
5. Can I drop by the Adecco office for a visit?
We do not encourage walk-in visits to the Adecco office as our personnel consultants may not be available to attend to you without a prior appointment. Instead, please register yourself as a candidate on the Adecco website first. Our personnel consultants will contact you for an interview if they find you suitable for any job positions.
However, if you would like to seek advice from a personnel consultant, please call in advance to arrange for an appointment. You contact any of our branches listed here:
6. How shall I prepare for an interview with Adecco?
- Prepare a detailed resume to be handed to your Adecco Consultant
- Be honest and clear about your needs
- Share with your Adecco Consultant your career goals and plans
- Be realistic about your expectations
7. I have not heard from Adecco since I last sent in my application a few days ago.
Due to the large volume of applications received each day, please note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified within 14 days.
8. Does Adecco charge a fee for a job application or to place me in a job?
No, we do not charge any fee for application. Our clients pay us for hiring our services.
9. If I have previously applied for a position but have not received any response from Adecco, can I apply for other positions?
Yes, you can apply for other positions as well. However if it is within 14 days prior to your first job application, you may wish to contact one of our consultants to check on your application status.
10. If my resume is being presented to a client, am I guaranteed an interview?
We present to our clients the profiles of candidates that match closest to the job description given to us. However, our clients make the final decision on whether they will like to grant you an interview or not.
11. Are all the jobs advertised in your website opened for application?
Our website is updated as frequently as we can. However, we may have more job positions which are not listed in our website. Please contact one of our consultants should you require further information.
12. Can Adecco apply for a work pass for me?
Please note that Adecco is unable to provide assistance in obtaining work permits for those individuals who reside overseas and who are considering moving to Singapore. Details about working in Singapore can be found at: http://www.mom.gov.sg